I had a great visit with Jan: we talked about everything, actually did solve a few global issues [but that's another story], and managed to hit the road before noon, not quite the usual crack of dawn.
Interestingly enough, due to road closings, you have to head off in the wrong direction to reach the Interstate 94 from Jan's. Surprisingly, Carmen immediately fell into step, and the world unfolded as it should. Isn't it nice when electronics sometimes do what you want to do.
Driving west from Minnesota is much like driving through Manitoba and Saskatchewan, but without the floods they are currently having. The roads were good [I-94] and the traffic was sparse. While it was cool in Minnesota, the day ended up at 33ºC [92ºF] in Miles City, Montana where I'm spending the night.
Jan suggested I get gas in Fargo North Dakota where gas was expected to be $3.47/gal. The signage for gas stations was abysmal and I was already in West Fargo when I asked Carmen where the gas was. I was only a bit more than a mile beyond a Costco station, so I turned back and went for it. Glad I did, their gas was $3.33/gal, and they had a SanDisk Extreme Plus, 32 Gig sdhc card with a read speed of up to 80 MB/sec for only $39.99. They gave me a further $5.00 off at the cash because I was good looking, so the whole deal cost me all of $37.59 with taxes. ... and that's a good deal! Besides, I had to go into the store to use the washroom.
The drive was quite pleasant, a few cars going from 3 to 5 mph over the speed limit, and I ended up arriving here about a half hour early. I'm planning to head to Billings Montana for another refill of affordable gas, then I'll head northward towards Okotoks via a bunch of 'scenic' roads, just next to Waterton and Glacier international parks. I'm hoping to slow down and make a few pictures...
We'll see.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment