We drove to Wichita Falls and beyond, only to find that accommodations and restaurants were about to be non-existent, so we turned back and stopped in at a Baymont Inn around 5:30, then proceeded to a Johnny Carino's Italian restaurant nearby.
The food was good, the wine choices pretty good, the prices affordable, and we are now well stuffed, and pretty well ready to hit the many pillows that have now become the fashion...
Just so you know, gas prices have been coming down as we go South, with 2.09/gal becoming the norm around here. I've spent as little as $1.999/gal so far: quite a saving from Cdn prices, even with our punishing gas prices and exchange rates. I could almost drive forever down here...
On the 'upside', the snow is long gone, the temperature is 12ÂșC, and it's been sunny all day. Could you suggest any improvements?
Tomorrow is promising many opposites: wind farms, cattle feed lots, high speed roads, and flat lands. It gets more interesting, and smells much better when you get past Texas and the early parts of New Mexico...
Just so you know, gas prices have been coming down as we go South, with 2.09/gal becoming the norm around here. I've spent as little as $1.999/gal so far: quite a saving from Cdn prices, even with our punishing gas prices and exchange rates. I could almost drive forever down here...
On the 'upside', the snow is long gone, the temperature is 12ÂșC, and it's been sunny all day. Could you suggest any improvements?
Tomorrow is promising many opposites: wind farms, cattle feed lots, high speed roads, and flat lands. It gets more interesting, and smells much better when you get past Texas and the early parts of New Mexico...
Hopefully, I'll be making pictures to share soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment