Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Update

 It's been three years or so since my last post, and much has happened since then.


Joan and I still live in Stittsville: Joan is now condo president and has overseen huge changes in the management of our condo. Needless to say, each Board member has pitched in and essentially taken over the management of the condo from our Property Managers while they experienced serious staffing shortages. A new Condo Management Firm starts nest week and the load on Board Members show all but disappear soon. Alleluia!

Joan's horse, Frankie, had to be put down last winter. After having Frankie for 24 years, her absence is life changing: Joan's horse friends have been most sympathetic and have kept her involved at the barn as well as at gatherings. What a good bunch of fine people.

I'm still joining some Plein Air painters every Thursday morning and really enjoying the search for good light so I can find something to photograph in two hours. We go to different places every week so it helps me hone my hobby.

Time has a way of ageing people and by and large we are doing well. Joan has galloping arthritis, and is dealing with it quite well. I'm adding pills to my daily breakfast and trying to walk more than 5000 steps a day. It's been a challenge during this abnormally hot summer but it's working out quite well. Our neighbourhood has excellent walking paths where everyone is friendly and welcoming.

Until next time,...

No comments: