Well, I'm back on the road again, on the way to Okotoks to visit Nick and his wonderful family.
The crack of dawn was around nine this morning, under grey skies and cool weather. Karmen said I should be at Long Sault shortly after 7pm. The traffic and construction was such that I arrived there just before six: way too early to call it a day; so I moved on.
The line-up at the USA border was almost an hour long! Boo! Traffic after that was sparse to say the least and people kept passing me at 60 in 55 highway limits, so I crept up to about 63 / 65 but didn't have the nerve to match their 70+...
I ended up stopping in Marquette Michigan, on lake Superior after passing smaller villages with lots of 'no vacancy' signs. I was starting to worry about the possibility that food places might be closed after 9pm, but I lucked in at Hudson's grill & bar that served an excellent mushroom hamburg with sinful fries.
I was hoping for lots of motel choices and ended up at a Settle Inn motel that still had a few rooms at $90. [reduced from $130 I'm told....] There seems to be a Harley Davidson rally and the whole area has a shortage of rooms, thus, no decent prices...
Gas is running about $2.99/gal which is still cheaper than the $1.175/L that I paid in Wahnapitae On, or better yet, the $1.299 I saw at the Soo.
Sorry, no pictures so far; everything was just a blur... <grin grin>
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment