Today was just a transit day: drive, then drive some more...
The Interstates [40 and 44] were moving well, the wind, which was strong at times, pushed me along, and the speed limit was 75 most of the way.
I thought things were off to a bad start when I looked out my hotel window, and saw parking on both the east and west I-40. By the time the car was stuffed, gassed and ready to go, I-40 east was moving very nicely for most of the way. Reminder to self: stop for the night at the east end of cities when headed east...
One of the pleasures of this year's travel is that gas can be as low as $1.25/gal, and a fill-up is usually under $30. Add the help of strong winds pushing you, constant speeds, relatively flat terrain, and the mileage is quite respectable, about 600kms for under $30.
There were parts when the Interstate had some snow along the sides, even with temperatures of 18ÂșC, but the road was dry all the way today. One new item hitting me was the flies committing suicide on the windshield, something that hasn't happened since we left home last year. The heavy rains of a few days back did a good job of washing the car, but the bugs are now building up a shoulder on the front of the car. Maybe some hungry crow will eat them all if I park the car in one place long enough...
No pixels were exposed today, maybe tomorrow.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment