

Two days ago, Warren and I dropped in at the toy store and saw a few hot rods and other quirky toys. I don't know what kind of car is the basis for the above car [Lead Sled] but I understand it's powered by a 55 Chevy V8. The store owner told us that he needed to break a window to get in the car once when the solenoid door openers refused to work! I guess that's why most cars have door handles.
The yellow toy below is actually a tarted up golf cart. Imagine that on the golf course!
The red coupe below is a 1932 Pontiac complete with rumble seat. It has a GTO [three two-barrel] V8! It should really go except that it's waiting for a left front wheel assembly to repair the damage caused when the wheel fell off a few days ago. Parts are very hard to find! Cute car though...
The next toy is a VW dune buggy. Not the nicest or weirdest that I've seen, but an interesting toy just the same.
And just for Kathleen, here's a Vespa scooter old enough to still have a four speed transmission... It's been yuppyfied a bit...
We've been busy enjoying the beach and pool during our last few days here, so not much to report. I'll try to force myself to haul the camera bag around so that pictures might be available for the next entry....




No comments:
Post a Comment