Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shelling at Port St Lucie Inlet Pier / Bee Update

First, the bee saga update.  As you may remember, the swarm of bees left our back yard and moved to a space between two pillars across the street.  It seems they have built the start of a hive and plan to stay there a while.

Here's a picture of their site, with the white part looking very much like the start of a hive.


I spoke with one of the guys responsible for solving the 'bee issue' and I'm not at all sure of what they are going to do. I'm certain that they have to remove the bees, after all, they are very close to a staircase as well as the sidewalk, it doesn't take much imagination to think that a bee is likely to sting someone, hopefully not someone who is allergic to bees...

I'll try to keep you posted.

Friday, Peter,  Chris, Joan and I went to the beach in search of champion shells.  We drove to the Port St Lucie Inlet where shelling has often been rewarding; friday was an exception.  

Saturday was golf day for Peter so the three of us went back to the inlet and were definitely not disapointed. I'll try to remember to photograph today's haul.

In the meantime, here are a few shots from Friday. We'll sart with Chris and Joan checking out high tide mark.



I walked out on the jetty and here's a shot looking back at where Chris and Joan were shelling.  They are the two people on the far right of the beach.




Further out, but now you'll just have to take my word for it, but they are still in the picture, roughly at the right of the base of the trees near the centre of the picture.  I also have a short video but I'm having great difficulty getting it in the blog.  Maybe later...

All in all, it's usually a great place to go shelling.



No comments: