Last day in Okotoks so I thought I might share how I delivered Jacob to his hockey camp, and Eric to the scooter park. Jacob's Hockey bag was just too big for the trunk, so I invoked plan B. The guys didn't seem to mind...
We spent an hour or so at the Water park that is part of the Centre where Jacob had his skating camp, and where Eric used the scooter park. What a great facility for Okotoks. Congrats to the councillors with the vision to make this happen.
Here are Jacob [left] and Eric [T shirt] just before the bucket of water lands...
and the deluge that followed!
Now it seems the boys were not too happy with my departure, so Jacob went out and demolished my car. It's simply amazing what young people can do with access to electronics and imagination.
After seeing the video, I was relieved to find the car dirty but otherwise intact, so I left yesterday, at the usual crack of dawn time of around 9am.
During my trip out here, these Canola fields were just starting to show some colour; ten days later, they are now in their full suit of glory. What a sight!
And lastly, here's a green grain elevator, dwarfed by fields and the big western sky.
As usual, you can see the pictures in a larger format by clicking on them if you want.





No comments:
Post a Comment