Monday, July 15, 2013

Overnight in Thessalon ON

Like with most transits, I make the days longer than I should and don't really take the time to smell the roses.  Today was a fairly long day that started before 9am with various degrees of fog that lasted well after 1pm.  Fog during daytime is not as bad for driving as fog during the night, however, it does get tedious since some people don't have headlights, taillights or their brains on.

This first picture was made at one of the many roadside lookouts that dot the shores of Lake Superior. It is a huge lake and takes forever to get around it, but the trip is well worth it, even with a lot of fog.


I stopped for the day in Thessalon, the place where the TransCanada heads North East and leaves the shores of the great lakes.  Here are a few pictures from a short walk I took at the rear of the motel property. 




The white strip on land in the upper right hand of the next picture is the motel where I'm staying the night.  Needless to say, the motel property is huge and beautiful.



These two silhouettes were German speaking and stayed at the motel also. They left the sunset somewhat early as the show was just getting interesting.




No one seemed to take a guess at my last question on yesterday's blog.  Sophie sent me her answer about the frogs, which is now posted, but there were no thoughts on the '300'.  

Yesterday was the blog's 300th entry!  Hope you enjoyed some of them.

No comments: