Friday, December 20, 2013

Six Mile Cyprus Preserve

Well now: plans are made to be amended right? So much for every other day...

Peter and I went to the Six Mile Cyprus Preserve today and spotted a few beasties of interest.

Here's an interesting alligator: his right front foot was lost in an argument; so they call him 'Stumpy'.


Some birds are not very good at camouflage...



... others are.  Can you spot this bird; it's the same size as the white one, but hides itself much better, even if it's right in the middle of the picture.



The reserve is a very quiet space and this little guy was copping a snooze.  Can the grandkids guess what it is?



Here's another bestie that doesn't hide very well.



As far as I know, there are no animals in this next picture, so can the grandkids tell me what the stars of this picture are?  You should remember from previous years, but I'll give you a hint: this is a cypress swamp...



These White Ibis are usually found aerating grass, but here they are 'au naturel'.



And finally, an osprey for your delight.






No comments: