OK, this is Pally. My staff had a tough day, so I gave them the night off: I'll write the blog.
First of all, people don't usually realize that us cats, the cool male ones, actually can communicate with Apple computers; this has been a trade secret for years, sorry if this is a spoiler.
We stayed at the La Quinta in Moss Point Mississippi last night, a neat place that I enjoyed a lot. The staff left me alone while they had breakfast: not a big deal, I just kept exercising and doing laps around the long room. Neat or what.
I gather they were concerned about the weather since they turned on that infernal TV that makes such loud noises for those damn useless commercials, and watched the so called weather channel. What a joke, they keep repeating scenes of Atlanta with all the storm disasters, cars and trucks in the ditches, and total mayhem. They hardly mention the area where we want to go.
By around 11:00 am, something apparently called 'crack of dawn', the staff started packing, making sure I didn't see what's going on. Really... I mean, Really!
Oh well, Paul managed to get the car doors open, got the car started, jacked up the heat, and started stuffing all our stuff in. Of course, I'm usually the last in: an appropriate late entrance...
I've been a reluctant traveller: what the hell: loud noises, jerky car moves and I'm stuck in a cat carrier. The staff covered the door with a large piece of cardboard, with lots of packing tape [Paul's a kind of a wrap, then wrap again, kind of guy.]
At any rate, I meowed because the staff expected me to, but I got tired and fell asleep after about a half hour. Mind you, my event recorder kept on recording until they let me out of the cage.
The roads were apparently very good and dry, the bridges not so much. Paul was driving at 30mph over the frozen bridges, and Joan's comfort zone was more like 15mph. The usual 'discussion' ensued and we all survived.
The Interstate was actually quite dry and routine speeds were the norm. The bridges were a lot different: Joan's comfort level came into play, the bridges were absolutely frozen with a fine pebble to make it even slipperier. I'm with Joan, my comfort level was getting upset by the slight slip and sliding motion... Slow down!
We actually saw some cars that lost control on the sheer ice on the bridges: not any serious issues, just serious embarrassment when the Sheriff shows up. Even on the dry parts of the Interstate there were cars in places where they didn't belong. It must have been just awful last night, but that's not my concern; I was sleeping relatively constantly.
After about an hour of driving, the 'authorities' closed the interstate 10 so direction control was given over to Carmen, some fairly stubborn electronic machine. I don't understand why she can't accept that the "interstate is closed", so don't use that route. Sounds pretty easy to me, and I was pretending to sleep soundly. Oh well, Carmen sent them all over the place, I'm not sure exactly who was more upset, Joan or Paul.
The air got blue at times, I think it was those damn tractor trailers: they're noisy, stink, and make it difficult to see ahead, but I digress.
All in all, a trip of a paltry 221 miles that should have taken 3 hours and 14 minutes, took the better part of 6 1/2 hours. Thank the Great Provider that we got here safely. Staff were less impressed, being totally lost in Baton Rouge Louisiana seems to have upset them a lot.
Having to stop into a Police station for information is apparently a girly thing since Joan insisted on it. Good thing too, we would have never found the right route without ignoring Carmen: she was totally fixed on the Interstate 10 route. Maybe Carmen will blow a fuse soon.
All in all, I've had a great day: I slept most of it, the cardboard door cover stopped any attempts I might have had about escaping that way and thus damaging my dew claw again, and time sleeping is good for the soul. Hey, I'm only a kitten, or very young teenager.
Oh well, this new dwelling, the third La Quinta in a row, seems just as interesting as the others.
Of course, when the staff release me from my daily bondage, I have to get to work: secure the premisses.
After some food and drink, and maybe some food and drink relief, I systematically have to suss out the premisses. Staff read the internet and book stuff, but nothing beats my nose at the scene.
Here I am checking out this cheap piece of motel furniture. So far so good.
It's really been a long day, the staff were highly frustrated, and I have to relax. [Jan said so.]
Somehow, relaxing is contagious, which is a good thing. I inspire it often, and I'm good at it! [Image removed at request of sleeper...]
Maybe tomorrow I'll let the staff take over this blog thingie, it's more work than I really need. Keeping staff cool is a full time job.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I disposed of a 'baby' tooth in Lafayette Louisiana, how cool is that. How many cats do you think can claim that? Besides, as a new teenager, who needs baby teeth.
Do you think the tooth vary will visit? Please? signed Pally
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Nicely done Paul :) I hope the rest of your trip becomes easier. Once you get over the mountains I can assure you we don't have ice or snow over here. Looking forward to seeing the three of you.
Post a Comment