Sunday, January 26, 2014

This and That and a Hot Rod Car Show

Firstly, this is a 'do not' sign with consequences fairly obvious.  Peter spotted it when he and I went to an interior flee market.  This little space has chairs and tables, and I guess they didn't want patrons to smoke there since they also had a good sized propane, the elephant, in the room...


Question for the curious:  what is this all about?  First grandchild to answer gets a hug, others will get somewhat smaller hugs too.


 Peter, our new friend Rick, and I went back to the Naples Botanical Garden.  Here are a few more pictures from there.


This next one is a butterfly pupae, likely a Queen or Monarch butterfly.  This is a few days away from becoming a full grown butterfly, how cool is that?


These gardens have a lot of bamboo: this is the Buddha belly bamboo.


Here's the bark of a Rainbow Eucalyptus.


This is a Queen's Wreath, or sand plant, which looks very similar to another favourite plant whose name escapes me at the moment..


These gardens seem to have many bromeliads, of which the best known is likely this pineapple plant.


And now a short car show.

This slightly used car was for sale and I would have liked to buy it for Caitlyn.  I didn't have enough cash, so I thought I'd just make a picture for her.


The car show had a lot of hot rods, but it also had a few well put together antiques: this one being a 1941 Chevrolet, with just about every optional GM product available at the time.


Here's another question for the grandkids: what kind of car is this?  ..and how many doors, hoods and trunks are open?  Usual rules, hugs will follow.


Every car show has one...


This is likely the most valuable car of the show: a 1965 Cobra 427.


As to my first question, here's a hint.  This is the same animal just seconds later.


We're off tomorrow, heading for San Diego.  More to follow

No comments: