Saturday, September 5, 2015

Okotoks Alta to Portage LaPrairie Man

Crack of dawn happened at 9:15, after driving the boys to school, packing, etc. etc.  It was very difficult to hug everyone goodbye:  I had a great visit and dearly wish we all lived a lot closer together.

It was a paltry 5ºC when I left, and an equally awful 16ºC at the height of the 'heat wave'.  The rain started before I reached the Trans Canada, and was still spitting when I quit for the day at 10:30 pm  local time which is 9:30pm in Okotoks.

I stopped at a Canad Inns, which is expensive, a casino joint and has a restaurant, so I could eat supper here.

All in all, a pretty flat day, nothing of note to report, other than kilometres were covered, and gas consumptions wasn't that bad since the brisk wind was from the NW.  So far, little traffic and no construction to speak of.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a bit drier and warmer...  To be continued.

No comments: