These Rovers have years of birding experience and quite powerful telescopes, strong enough to see an Eagle nest and its occupants more than a mile away.
In the foreground you can see [l to r] Phyllis, Joan, Bart and David. Joan and I keep learning so much from them.
Here is a Roseate Spoonbill in all its pink splendour.
This next scene contains four different bird species, all searching for food together. I think that normally, birds of a feather stick together, but here it seems that they all get along together and benefit from one another's hunting skills.
I forgot to bring our bird books so I'll just have to wing it. From left to right, a White Egret, White Ibis, Tri-coloured Heron and a Blue Heron.
Next is a small sandpiper.
And lastly, another White Ibis. I consider this bird a form of grass aerator since when they are on land [lawns] they just peck away at the grass, hunting for grubs.
In the water, they really get immersed in the business of feeding.
After the drive around, we went to the Mucky Duck for lunch, a very popular and quirky restaurant on the beach on Captiva Island. Dave made arrangements for the waiter to play a trick on Joan. Unfortunately, it was a surprise so no picture was made.
The waiter came up beside Joan and offered her ketchup for her fries, just squirting the bottle while holding it near her elbow. Out comes a stream of ketchup more than a foot away from the fries. Joan is absolutely shocked as the ketchup falls on her white fleece. Of course, it is not ketchup, it is just a red thick stream of string [plastic?] that did no damage at all. Quite a performance, and we all laughed about it for quite a while.
Here is a happy snap of the Mucky Duck's interior.
This is a beach view from in front of the Restaurant. As you can see, there are lots of people enjoying themselves, many more than the beach on Sanibel that we prefer.
After lunch, I got to drive the Tesla, how much fun is that? Now I have to go and buy a lottery ticket...








No comments:
Post a Comment