Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick trip to the Zoo

After some laundry and sorting of the stuff we've been carting around, we went to the Zoo for a couple of hours. We took the gondola to the polar bear exhibit, only to find it closed for 'alterations'. We managed a peek between bushes and this was the result.


It's kind of sad that the exhibit is closed for a while, we just hope it will re-open before we leave San Diego.

The lion was having supper, gnawing on a small bone and looked up for a moment, eyeing me as possibly a fresher source of meat. Good thing I was on the other side of the fence!


These two lovers seemed to be salivating for a little privacy... [grandkids can ask their Fathers...] and just looked like a ski-hill of moguls.


Maybe next time I'll get pictures of the gorgeous Harlequin ducks that are in focus and that I can share... Stay tuned!

No comments: