Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Ignace On to Whitewood Saskatchewan

As usual [ahem...] an 8:00 departure on a bright and sunny day. Today was a slower day than usual, shaving off less than 15 minutes off my ETA.

Construction and traffic accounted for delays in Ontario, while torrential rains that lasted for almost a half hour slowed things up near Winnipeg. By 'slowed things up' I mean, wipers on as fast as they could go, and speeds in the high 60's on a 110 KPH stretch of the Trans Canada. The rest of the day, I teased out 115 and was not passed too often.  As I mentioned yesterday, the patrols here seem to be less lenient.

This is the view from my door at the Whitewood Inn when I look to the right.


This is looking left.


And this shot was made from the opposite side of the pool area.  My room is just behind the life-ring. Too bad the whole area was not open yet. Mind you, I'm not complaining about the quiet...


Outside, the terrain is flat and I lucked in to seeing this elevator which is fast becoming a very rare sight in Western Canada.


There were also some patches of 'froo-froo' grass blowing in the wind that caught my attention.


Without driving around to explore the area, I gather it is quite small and possibly not flourishing.  I was the only patron in the restaurant, and the Inn seems to be fairly empty.

Taped to the front door is a note stating that staff are wanted, for all positions. Not very encouraging, is it.

No comments: