Monday, July 24, 2017

Okotoks to Whitewood

Back on the road again, and a surprise return to Whitewood Saskatchewan.

After a busy and very satisfying visit in Okotoks, driving into the sun for a few hours got pretty old, pretty quickly. There was a fair bit of construction that slowed things down, but a heavy tail-wind gave me better mileage, and I like the better mileage.

The scenery is not as boring as many people think, but stopping to make pictures was difficult. Roadside pull-offs are nothing more than a few parking spaces with a garbage can or two: none of these pull-offs was made with a stunning view in mind. The pretty interesting landscapes did not have convenient streets to access them, so they'll have to remain in my memory until I forget.

A short day tomorrow as I stop in to visit my first nephew and family near Portage la Prairie.

Today was the coolest day for this week, but also possibly the windiest. The heat returns soon, and might just follow me home.

Sorry, no pictures today; tomorrow I'll be visiting fantastic gardeners, so pictures should not be a problem.

No comments: