Monday, July 3, 2017

Sault Ste Marie to Ignace, Ontario

The crack of dawn was actually early today: 8:00. I even had time to make a few happy snaps before hitting the road.

The first sign of morning in these parts seems to be the incessant noise of gulls planning their day.



Beyond the gulls, this was the scene behind the motel: grey clouds from the east, and a few smoke stacks.


As it turns out, the fog got thicker and only eased up after about 9:30. Fortunately, I was with a fast bunch [two or three cars, alone on the road] and we made good time in spite of the fog.


Our North Shore of Lake Superior is beautiful, even stunning at times. Stopping for picture taking is not allowed, and I prefer not to stop at the lookouts since many if not most are now heavily overgrown with trees and bushes that hide the view. Aren't Government cut-backs wonderful?

This is the front of my motel in Ignace. It was recommended by the lady at the welcome centre who said the restaurant was pretty good too. The room is large, as was the food serving. I would not consider either a destination, just a stop...


The roadside was plastered with these daisies and yellow flowers. I also saw larger swaths of Lupins and will try to shoot them on my return trip.


I stopped for the day at 4:30, local time, so I've gained an hour on the clock.  Due to fast traffic, I've also shaved off better than two and a quarter hours off my 36 hour ETA.  

Not so sure the mounties in the next three provinces will be so lenient...

No comments: