Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moosomin Sask., Spruce Woods Prov Park, High Bluff, Manitoba

Since yesterday was a short driving day, I took a side road at Moosomin Sask. and made a few pictures while being pushed around by constant high winds.

I had been driving by windmills for about an hour and this was not the best place to see a high concentration of them.  Maybe the yellow canola plants will compensate...


Here is the canola up close and personal; the grasses in the foreground are being pushed around by the winds and show some interesting patterns. [you can click on any picture and see larger versions]



Sometimes fields do not follow straight lines like fences; this becomes quite apparent with canola...



Later in the afternoon, I took a walk in the Spruce Wood Provincial Park, in Manitoba. It was a beautiful day, but was very warm as the trees blocked out the wind. 

As you can see, I was the only person at this end of the park.  The literature warns of Black Bears, so I became concerned until I realized that the small bear was likely more afraid of me...  At any rate, I didn't see him so he didn't see me, right?



After the 2km walk, I drove to another part of the park where I encountered this tree loaded with colourful pieces of cloth, blowing in the heavy winds. I suspect it was the centre piece of a recent Native gathering.



By mid afternoon, I arrived at Heather and Michel's in High Bluff. As I mentioned in the last post, they are master gardeners.

This was just in front of where I parked the car; what a welcoming sight.



This is essentially a view from their large deck, as well as part of the view from the breakfast table.



Walking around the many different gardens, I made these shots to share the variety and beauty of these magical places.







Even the plants had their own chairs and table for  their daily chat.



Before I left this morning, I was given five more plants for our own hosta shade garden.  I will have to take very good care of them since Michel will be coming to Ottawa in September. Mind you, that won't be too difficult since they are very strong and healthy plants. I'll have to remember to crack the windows when I leave the car so I don't toast or roast these fine gifts.

No comments: